Coupons are one of the most important feature for any eCommmerce store. If you are managing your own WooCommerce store, certainly you will need to create coupon codes once in a while. Follow the steps below to understand how to do it.
1: Go to WooCommerce > Coupons
2: Click on Add Coupon button.
3: In Add Coupon screen, set coupon code in Coupon code text field and add description (optional) for which purpose you want to create this coupon code.
There are Coupon Data fields from which we can set conditions for it. Following are the fields in:
1: Discount type
There are four types of discounts here:
- Cart Discount: set it for fixed amount discount in cart.
- Cart % Discount: set it for % amount discount in cart.
- Product Discount: set it for fixed amount discount for particular product.
- Product % Discount: set it for % amount discount for particular product.
2: Coupon Amount
This determines actual coupon discount amount based on the selected Discount Type. for example, if you enter 10 here and you have selected Cart % Discount in Discount Type then coupon will give 10% discount.
3: Allow free shipping and coupon expiry date
These option are straight forward. If you want to allow free shipping when coupon is applied, you can enable that with it and expiry date determines the last date until coupon can be used. If you don’t want coupon to expire then don’t set any date there.
There are few more options here: to set minimum amount require or maximum amount allowed to be spend to be eligible for the coupon use.
- Minimum spend: set minimum amount here required to be spent to use the coupon.
- Maximum spend: set maximum amount allowed to be spent to use the coupon.
- Individual use only: select if coupon cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon.
- Exclude sale items: select if you don’t want coupon to be used for sale items.
- Products: select products for which coupon should be applied. If you select products here, coupon will apply for the selected product only, otherwise it will apply for all the products.
- Exclude products: select products for which you don’t want coupon to be applied for.
- Product categories: select product categories for which coupon can be used.
- Exclude categories: select product categories for which you don’t want coupon to be used.
- Email restrictions: select email address or accounts which cannot use the coupon.
- Usage limit per coupon: set the number of times coupon can be used.
- Usage limit per user: set number of times coupon can be used by the customer.
Once everything is set and selected, just publish the coupon.